Salary: $38-40 (Journeyman 309A)
Schedule: Monday-Friday – 7 am – 4/5 pm
We offer a job – We are looking for experienced Electricians, Journeyman or 3rd, 4th and 5th Year Apprentices, 1st year electrician apprenticeship to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical. Your job will involve installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts and repairing appliances.
Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, the construction/maintenance electricians must be first and foremost responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions. The ideal candidate must also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems.
The goal will be to produce and maintain well functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability of electricity in all facilities.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical systems;
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems;
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.);
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components;
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them;
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc;
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units.
- Proven experience as an electrician;
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems;
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints;
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability;
- Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts and overnight;
- Diploma in relevant vocational training or successfully completed apprenticeship as an electrician;
- Valid license to practice profession (309A).