Are you looking for a job as an admin assistant? The job market can be especially competitive in this field so being prepared for the interview process is a must. We have compiled a list of the top administrative assistant interview questions to give you a leg up on your next interview.
This list will give you an idea of what type of questions are typically asked at an interview for this position. This will give you ample time to prep your answers. It also helps to register with a local job agency to help you find the best admin assistant jobs in your area that match your skills and expertise.
Administrative Assistant Interview Questions and Advice
Typically, those looking for an admin assistant are looking for a specific type of job candidate with a distinct skill set. Before we give you a sample of some of the most typically asked executive assistant interview questions, let’s take a look at these skills.
- Computer Proficiency: As an admin assistant, a great deal of your time will be spent on the computer, answering emails, making reservations, managing schedules, and so forth. It pays to be proficient in the latest software programs. Most temp agencies offer courses if you need to touch up your computer skills.
- Organizational Skills: Since you are the one who is in charge of scheduling, planning, and so on, you need to be on point and professional when it comes to organization. As well, you should be able to multitask.
- Communication Skills: Written and verbal communication are a must for an admin assistant position. You will be interacting with employees and business associates from all skill levels and must be professional at all times. You must be able to work independently as well as as part of a team.
Senior administrative assistant interview questions.
- What challenges are you looking for in this position?
- What do you know about our company?
- What appeals to you about this particular job?
15 Common Administrative Interview Questions: What to Expect
- What appeals to you most about a job in the administrative field?
- Have you ever had to report to multiple supervisors at the same time? How did you manage each of their schedules and priorities?
- Give me an example of how you handled your most challenging client. How did you ensure that their needs were met, and they were satisfied with the outcome?
- Describe a situation in which discretion was warranted and how you managed the situation.
- How do you see your role as an administrative assistant? What duties do you think this job entails?
- Have you ever worked remotely? If so, provide an example of how you were able to continue the level of support needed to carry on in this type of situation?
- What type of software programs have you used in previous jobs? Are you able to quickly learn how to adapt to new software?
- What would your last boss say is your greatest strength?
- At which skill set or task do you feel you are the most proficient? Any areas where you feel you may need improvement?
- Are you able to adapt well to a fast-paced environment?
- What is your experience working with vendors, clients, and the public?
- Is there a time you had to deal with a conflict with senior staff and if so, how did you handle it?
- How would you manage an assigned task that you were not given detailed instructions?
- How are you at handling inner-office conflict?
- Tell me about a time when you implemented a program or plan that generated more revenue for your department.
To better help find the right fit for an administrative assistant position, contact Team Global/MSM. We can help you fine-tune your resume, practice your interview skills and even help negotiate your salary. Most importantly, we can search our extensive database for the right admin assistant job to fit your skillset and level of expertise. Call us today to get started on your career path!