With administrative assistant careers in such high demand, now is the perfect time to launch a career in this exciting field. Not only does it leave room for growth and advancement, it also pays well and has great benefits. However, there are certain skills one needs to earn a decent administrative assistant salary.
One of the best ways to procure a job as an administrative assistant with an established company is to sign with a reputable Toronto job agency. The following blog will highlight some necessary responsibilities you will encounter as an admin assistant as well as the skills you need to land a lucrative position.
Administrative Assistant Salary
Administrative assistants are responsible for a multitude of tasks and responsibilities. Essentially you will be the eyes and ears of the organization. Should you choose this career path, you will never lack excitement. Keep in mind that an administrative assistant salary is comparable to that of a medical receptionist. As well, the benefits are rewarding, there is room for advancement and it is an overall rewarding career choice.
Skills Needed for a Career as an Administrative
- High school diploma or equivalent (some positions may require a college degree or additional training)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding Problem Solving Skills
- Neat and Professional Appearance
- Superior organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of office management policies and procedures
- Comprehensive software and computer skills
- Meticulous Attention to Detail
Typical Duties of an Administrative Assistant
Following are some of the tasks that are most commonly required of an administrative assistant job description
- Familiarization with company practices, policies, and procedures
- Ability to carry out all required tasks accurately in a professional manner as well as in the required time frame
- Willingness to support upper management and other staff members in all assigned tasks as well as company endeavors.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and producing via all forms of correspondence (email, phone, and so on)
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Multitasking Skills
- Ability to be a team player
Other Responsibilities That May be Required to Earn an Administrative Assistant Salary
- Data entry
- Managing the company phone system (screening, calls, taking messages, transferring calls)
- Event planning
- Scheduling appointments
- Billing and expense reports
- Maintaining company and client contact database
- Maintaining records
- Making travel arrangements
- Running meetings
- Ordering and distribution of office supplies and equipment
- Greeting and assisting company visitors and clients
- Overseeing, training, and supervising entry-level and/or junior level staff
- Booking rooms for meetings and events
- Schedule conference calls
- Taking dictation and recording minutes of meetings
- Dealing with confidential details in a professional manner
- Scheduling equipment repair and maintenance
- Attending workshops, seminars, and courses as required
These are just some skills and duties that are required in order to earn a competitive administrative assistant salary. Keep in mind that each job description and company are different and you should tailor your resume and cover letter for each position to which you are applying.
Contact Team Global / MSM if you need assistance in finding a career as an administrative assistant. We will help you with your resume and cover letter as well as find the right position for your skills and level of experience. Call us today to get started.